Friday, July 02, 2004

Korean Ryan (The Original)

NOTE: This was originally written as an email to my list on 07/02/2004 (thus the date). I edited it a little today, 10/13/2004, but it's pretty much the same as originally written. This email mentions a lot of things I hope to elaborate on in my blog at a later date, namely the neon, the hand holding, and my school. I was correct when I said I'd have a million stories to tell; I suppose I should get started telling them.

Welcome to the first offical session of Conversations with Korean Ryan, where our motto is "He's just like regular Ryan, except now he's in Korea."

Yep, it's weird here. Neon signs everywhere (including huge ones on churches). Lots of women holding hands. VERY cheap beer. Tiny apartments. But also incredible mountains and a river greenway that blows Fort Wayne's out of the water.

I'm pretty settled in now. I've started teaching at my school (in fact, that's where I'm typing this from). These kids are so full of energy that it's crazy. I only hope I can keep up.

There's about a million things to tell, but I'm going to keep it to this for now. Suffice to say that I'll have stories for you all later. I've only been here three days and I could write a book. At any rate, talk to you all later and I hope all is going well on your side of the world.

Ryan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home