Monday, October 18, 2004

Man, I have bad luck with bikes here

If you can believe it, I got my bike stolen again. This is my new one...the one that I've had only about six weeks.

I came home from playing some video games on Sunday night only to find that it wasn't there. I went up to the spot where I had left it, and there lay my lock, cut in two by bolt cutters.

It's funny. This bike I locked up tighter after what happened before (see "Korean Ryan Gets a Ride in a Police car" in August, which by the way has been updated). I locked it to a series of pipes. I put it on the back side of my apartment building out of sight. Still it gets taken.

I suppose these things happen. I wasn't as attached to this bike (mainly because I didn't save for months and months to get it, then go through all kinds of hassle to get it to Korea like I did with my last bike). I actually laughed when I saw that it was gone. It made sense at that moment somehow.

I'm not buying a new bike, at least not for a while. Really, it's starting to get too cold to ride here anyway. Could've been worse: at least I got six weeks out of it. Maybe I'll chance a bike again in the Spring. We'll see.

Ryan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home