Sunday, March 13, 2005

Dancing Girls

Even though I've been here 8 months and am pretty used to things. I'm still sometimes surprised by cultural differences in Korea.

I was walking down the street the other day, and I got held up by a light. I look over and two girls dressed in skimpy clothing are dancing right there in the street to blaring dance music. It's not the first time I've seen it, and it won't be the last.

People actually hire women to dance like that in front of clubs and restaurants (especially when they first open) to draw in customers. They're always dressed in skimpy and flashing clothing. They're always dancing like crazy. And they always have loud music. Sometimes they have extra stuff behind them, like inflatable trees and such. Sometimes they're handing out fliers too. Sometimes they're even mobile, dancing on the backs of trucks that drive around the city advertizing the club or whatever.

It's odd, and something that I still haven't gotten used to.

R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home