Saturday, July 15, 2006

My Top 10 Sights in Paris

In reverse order, we have....

#10 - Centre Pompidou: The Modern Art Museum inside was quite nice, and the best food I had in Paris was nearby.

#9 - The Picasso Museum: I like Picasso, and if you do too, you'll get an overload here.

#8 - Luxembourg Park: Beautiful, relaxing, and huge.

#7 - St. Chappelle: More stained glass than you'd ever want to see, but it somehow creates a beautiful experience.

#6 - The Cemetary of Pere Lachaise: Graves gallore, and just far enough off the beaten path that you avoid a lot of tourists.

#5 - Notre Dame: It nearly lives up to the hype. The inside is beautiful, but what really won me over was the view from the top.

#4 - The Louvre: The main reason I came to Paris doesn't break my top three, but that doesn't mean it still wasn't a fantastic museum. Seeing all that history was incredible.

#3 - The Catacombs: Creepy beyond belief, and strangely inspiring.

#2 - Sacre Ceour Cathedral: I'm not a church man, but this is a very very beautiful church.

#1 - The Orsay Museum: So many pieces of so much amazing art that I could hardly take it all in. I entered this place with a smirk and left with a smile. It really is quite an experience.

R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home