Thursday, September 08, 2005

The Home Field Advantage (The Trip: Part 4)

I was already happy to be back in Korea. It was nice to kind of know my way around. It was nice to be able to speak the language that's being spoken around me (even though I still don't understand much). And it was nice knowing how things work. Japan was really similar to Korea in many ways, but there were a lot of little things in Japan that I really didn't get.

Things were even better once we got back to Daejeon. I knew exactly where to go for things and what to do. I felt comfortable again for the first time on the trip. Unfortunately, we didn't have much time to do much in Daejeon before heading to Seoul. There were a lot of things I would have liked to show Damian and Dy, but the time just wasn't there. Perhaps another time.

Luckily, I know my way around Seoul pretty well too. The three of us hit my favorite Indian restaurant and then spent most of the day in Insadong, the art district. Damian and Dy bought a lot of trinkets for their family. Damian even spent some time eyeing a sword, but that didn't pan out. He's still planning on getting it sometime, though; we talked about me sending it to him down the road.

After a pretty long day, Damian and Dy went their separate way at the train station. They went to Incheon where the airport is. I went back to Daejeon. When we thought we were parting, Damian gave me a hug that lifted me off the ground, and I quickly tried to catch a train.

Oddly, though, the train I tried to catch was already full, so I had to wait. I checked up on Damian and Dy only to find them wandering. I pointed them in the right directly, and our actual goodbye was a little more muted than Damian throwing me around.

It was a decent trip all-in-all. I really like Mt. Fuji, the temple in Kyoto, and showing Damian and Dy around Korea. I'd do it again, but hopefully with a little more money in my pocket and a little more time to do things.

Damian and Dy's adventure ended there, but I had quite a lot happen before making it back to Busan to live. It's amazing what can happen in about a week.

R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home