Monday, November 07, 2005

Scuba Diving

As many of you know, the reason I went to Seoul this weekend (and thus got accosted in the train station), was that I was learning to scuba dive. I spent nearly the entire weekend under water. I'll give you some pointers from what I learned.

1. If you have to pee a little bit at a depth of 5 meters, you'll have to pee like crazy when you come to the surface. The pressure down there compresses EVERYTHING, apparently even your pee. My kidneys were stinging by the time I actually made it to the bathroom.

2. Your mask also compresses under that much water. If you have the pressure a little tight on the surface, it will suck your eyes out at 5 meters. I have a bruise on my forehead to prove it.

3. You have to adjust the pressure in your ears on the way down, but don't expect to get that pressure back on the way up. I still can't hear well even though it's a full 24 hours later.

And that's all for now. I'll be learning more soon, so I'm sure I'll have more pointers then.

Why am I learning to scuba dive, you ask? Simple, but the answer can't be told just yet. Prepare to be impressed in the near future.

R

2 Comments:

At 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds fun! Thanks for sharing:)

 
At 10:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This does not sound like a whole lot of fun to me! A lot of people on our cruise went scuba diving, but I did not go. The said the water was beautiful. Hope you enjoy your lessons. I will be interested into why you want to scuba dive, I guess you would not need a reason, if it is something you have always wanted to try. GR

 

Post a Comment

<< Home