Sunday, July 16, 2006

Paris: Day 7

On day 7, I got up early to pack. I didn't have anything special I wanted to do on my last day in Paris, so I headed back to the Sacre Ceour, where my trip really began. I happened to walk inside in the middle of a mass. This struck me as odd, because I didn't really think of a Sacre Ceour as a functioning church, but more as a monument. It was, however, very much functioning. I stayed for the mass, not because I felt any particular religious reason to, but because it was relaxing. I didn't understand much anyway as, of course, the mass was held in French. I suppose sitting though the mass made up for the fact that right before, I took a morning walk through Paris' red-light district. It had more sex shops than I had probably ever seen previously. It had museums too, and novelty shops. It also had the famous Moulin Rouge caberet. So that was my final day in Paris, walking past sex shops and going to church.

I headed to the airport about 1 because I couldn't remember how long the train would take to get out there. As I arrived at the airport, it started raining for the first time the entire time I was in Paris. I was happy to be going home. Paris was an incredible trip, but I was tired and wanted to get back to my own bed.

R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home