Friday, February 22, 2008

Volcanos and such

It's always great to see my friends and family, but man, I'm always bored senseless by the end of my Fort Wayne trips and ready to come back to Korea. I was pretty stir crazy by the end of this last trip and glad to be on this side of the world again. For all it's faults, I like Korea, but more than anything, I was happy to be back here so that I wasn't half the world away from Hye Sook. It was a weird feeling.

In any case, we've been around each other enough again at this point to be sick of each other. Not long after I got back in Korea, it was Lunar New Year. She and I took a trip with her family down to Jeju Island, a volcanic island off the southern coast of the peninsula. Down there we rode submarines and go-carts. We went to gardens and beaches. We even drove part way up the ole volcano itself. All in all, it was a good time, largely due to Taejin (Hye Sook's brother) planning the trip out so well. He lived on the island for two years while in military service, so he knew what he was doing. Hye Sook actually lived down there for three months too, oddly. She got a summer job at one of the resort hotels while she was in college. She refused to go back to that hotel, though, so it mustn't have been all peaches and cream.

Now I'm coming up on the start of the spring semester. My class sizes have all been cut in half, so it should be an easy go-round. I'm looking forward to getting back to the swing of things. There's only so much sitting at home, even here in Korea, that I can do before the screws start to loosen. I can hear them creaking loose already.

Enjoy the pics!

R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home