Thursday, December 23, 2004

The Explanation

Okay, so there's more. I've been telling you all in emails that I'll explain it when I have time. I have a little right now, so here we go.

Posts 1-4 are about my weekend, but that's not all the craziness in my life right now. There's also:

1) The fact that two people were sick last week and early this week, adding an extra few hours of teach a day for me up until now.

2) The fact that it's the end of the month, and I'm getting everything together for that (Swaton goes in one month cycles, so all grading and progress reports are done monthly).

3) The fact that I'm gearing up for next month. One foreign teacher is leaving (and not being replaced). Rose is leaving (and not being replaced). AND next month is intensives. Intensives are one month long classes for over the Christmas break. This was kids that normally don't have time to learn English can get a crash course. My work load is getting a lot bigger for a month (but then will calm down when the new foreign teacher comes--a month and a half too late--and when intensives end).

4) Then there's the fact that I'm poor (from the computer stuff and Christmas presents). The fact that I STILL am trying to get my computer stuff worked out (they internet isn't up yet and I have to meet with the tech again today). AND they fact that it's the holidays and I'm on the other side of the world from all my loved ones.

Well, it's not hell, but it been one hell of a couple of weeks. I'm so glad I have next week off.

Ryan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home