Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Movies 3 and 4

Yesterday I saw the movie "The Unforgiven." It's a Korean independent movie about life in the military (all Korean men must serve in the military for two years). It's disturbing, but not bad. I had one major issue with it, though. The director made some poor choices and included a LOT of scenes that didn't go anywhere. The movie's time easily could have been cut in half and still had the same effect. Oh well, you have that in a lot of first films. One cool thing is I got to meet the director and stars after the movie was over, although I couldn't really say much.

The other movie I saw was "Factotum," based on a novel by Charles Bukowski. The movie was dark but funny (as you'd expect from a Bukowski adaptation). I liked it.

Still, overall the best movie I saw was Manderlay. I highly recommend it.

R

1 Comments:

At 12:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you enjoyed the move festival overall. GR

 

Post a Comment

<< Home