Sunday, July 16, 2006

Paris: Day 6

Unfortunately, it took me until day 6 to learn that Paris has some of the best grape juice in the world. All through day 6 and 7, I drank as much of it as I could. It was really incredible, especially after suffering thought the "grape juice" that Korea has, which would more appropriately be called "slightly grape flavored sugar water."

Aside from this discovery, I also made my rounds around Paris. Day 6 was my final full day in Paris, since I would leave at 4 pm the next day. I was surprised how much I had done, which left only a few things left that I wanted to try. I visited the Conciergerie, a prison where Marie Antoinette was held. I check out the Middle Ages Museum. I did a little shopping (mostly for Hye Sook and to get Danielle's birthday presents). And then I walked around aimlessly before deciding to relax in Luxembourg Park for the evening.

I capped the evening off by taking a second boat ride, on which I paid much more attention than the first because I wasn't talking to Korean business men. On the ride, I saw a few nude sunbathers along the Seine, but it was people that you'd never want to see naked: lounging fat women and overly confident elderly men. A friend of mine recommended I check out a comic book shop while I was in Paris, but after searching for over an hour, I arrived long after it had closed. I ended the day lounging back at my hotel room, pleased with my trip so far.

R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home