Sunday, July 16, 2006

Paris: Day 0

I planned for months. I bought books to brush up on my French and I used them. I listen to CDs. I bought books to help me find the sights in Paris. I bought maps and crossreferenced them with my books to mark things I wanted to see. I thought out about how much time I'd want to spend certain places (I was WAY off, by the way). I didn't actually plan day by day, but I made a nice list of things that I could do while I was there.

When that was all done, I looked up vegetarian restaurants on the internet. I crossreferenced THOSE with my books and marked which were nearby which sights. Then I crossreferenced that with my maps again and marked them down. I planned a lot.

I wasn't too excited when I got on the plane, mostly because I knew I had to stay a day over in Tokyo. Well, not Tokyo really but Narita, the small city north of Tokyo where the international airport is located. I havd never spent much time in Narita before, and I'll do my best never to spend much time there again. Everything is expensive and insanely boring. I ended up just spending the day in my room watching TV after finding there wasn't really anything else to do. But then the next morning I woke up, and this time I was excited when I got on the plane. Next stop: Paris.

R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home